The Ministry has formulated a scheme to promote Farmer Producers Organizations (FPOs), agri-logistics, processing facilities and professional management for integrated development of Tomato, Onion and Potato (TOP) value chain.
- Enhancing value realisation of TOP farmers by targeted interventions to strengthen TOP production clusters and their FPOs, and linking/connecting them with the market.
- Price stabilisation for producers and consumers by proper production planning in the TOP clusters and introduction of dual use varieties.
- Reduction in post-harvest losses by creation of farm gate infrastructure, development of suitable agro-logistics, creation of appropriate storage capacity linking consumption centres.
- Increase in food processing capacities and value addition in TOP value chain with firm linkages with production clusters.
- Setting up of a market intelligence network to collect and collate real time data on demand and supply and price of TOP crops.
Pattern of Assistance:
1. For Price Stabilisation Measures
50% of cost of transportation and 50% of cost of hiring appropriate storage facilities will be provided as subsidy at the time of harvest. Storage facilities will be hired for a maximum period of 4 to 6 months. NAFED will be nodal agency for disbursement of subsidy under this component to the eligible organization.
2. For Integrated value chain development projects
- The projects will be eligible for grant-in-aid @50% of the eligible project cost in all areas, subject to maximum Rs. 50 crore per project. However, in case where PIA is/are FPO(s), the grant-in-aid will be @70% of the eligible project cost in all areas, subject to maximum Rs. 50 crore per project.
To more about the scheme