The Scheme of Mega Food Park aims at providing a mechanism to link agricultural production to the market by bringing together farmers, processors and retailers so as to ensure maximizing value addition, minimizing wastage, increasing farmers income and creating employment opportunities particularly in rural sector. The Mega Food Park Scheme is based on “Cluster” approach and envisages creation of state of art support infrastructure in a well-defined agri / horticultural zone for setting up of modern food processing units in the industrial plots provided in the park with well-established supply chain. Mega food park typically consists of supply chain infrastructure including collection centers, primary processing centers, central processing centers, cold chain and around 25-30 fully developed plots for entrepreneurs to set up food processing units.
Pattern of Assistance:
- The Scheme shall provide a capital grant @50% of the eligible project cost in general areas and @75% of eligible project cost in difficult and hilly areas subject to a maximum of Rs. 50 crore per project.
- In the interest of expeditious implementation of the projects, a Program Management Agency (PMA) is appointed by the Ministry to provide management, capacity building, coordination and monitoring support. For meeting the cost of the above and also other promotional activities by the Ministry, a separate amount, to the extent of 5%of the overall grants available, is earmarked.
- Smart Agro Mega Food Park, Nizambad
- Utilities available – Raw material and finished material warehouse capacities of 5000MT each, Multi commodity cold storage of 5000MT, food testing lab, Farmer’s training centre, dedicated power and water supply, refer vans etc.
- Land connectivity – Well connected by road and rail. Overnight reach of west, central and southern Indian Markets, approximately 50% of India’s potential markets can be serviced from here. 22kms from NH7, 20kms from Nizamabad and ~200km from Hyderabad. Upcoming inland ports in the vicinity to help export & reaching further markets.
- 12 plots totalling 32 acres in the area – 50% of which have been leased out already
2. TSIIC Mega Food Park, Khamma
TSIIC Mega Food park is
To more about the Mega food park scheme details